KONP.com Home
 

County to call for bids next week on Deer Park Underpass project

April 24th, 2013 - 6:20am

(Port Angeles) -- Clallam County will call for bids on the Deer Park underpass project next week.

County road engineer Ross Tyler says the 2800 foot stretch of road will do away with the intersection of Deer Park Road and Highway 101 and take the county road under the highway.

Tyler says the underpass is expected to ease traffic flow, and motorists who frequent the area know that the intersection can be somewhat dangerous, as well as a long wait when attempting to turn onto the 101. Tyler does not expect the construction to have any great impact on traffic flow.

The cost for the improvement is expected to run just over $9-million dollars. The federal government is funding a bulk of the cost at 80%, the county will pay the remaining 20 percent.


Email This Story

LATEST NEWS ITEMS:

 






Affinity Web Solutions
 
KONP.com Home