KONP.com Home
 

Smouldering leaves touch off lake cabin fire

April 25th, 2013 - 5:48am

(Port Angeles) -- A fire caused by smouldering leaves resulted in about 10-thousand dollars damage to a Lake Sutherland vacation cabin Tuesday night.

Fire District 2 authorities say Tammy Woolridge was burning leaves Monday at her cabin and moved the ash Tuesday night, believing the fire was completely out.

She went inside the cabin, heard a crackling noise and discovered the fire had rekindled and started burning into the side of the structure.

Officials say the owner was able to keep the blaze at bay with a garden hose.

The fire did not extend into the cabin located on the north shore of Lake Sutherland.


Email This Story

LATEST NEWS ITEMS:

 






Affinity Web Solutions
 
KONP.com Home