KONP.com Home
 

Sequim fire displaces 6 residents Monday

September 9th, 2013 - 2:59pm

(Sequim, WA) -- Heavy damage to a rental house in Sequim today has displaced a family of 6 from their home.

Pencom 9-1-1 received a call at 12:50 this afternoon about a stove fire in the 300 block of North Govan Street in Sequim.

The first arriving units found a kitchen fire that had destroyed the stove and heavily damaged the kitchen and filled the home with smoke.

There were two men in the home at the time of the fire.

Both men and their pets -- 4 dogs and a hamster -- escaped without injury.

The initial cause of the fire has been determined to be a grease fire on the stovetop.

Fire District 3 responded with seven units and approximately 15 firefighters.

Less than 100 gallons of water and two fire extinguishers controlled the fire in less than 10 minutes from its start.

Heavy damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home will displace the family of six from their rental home.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

It was not clear if the family or the homeowner had insurance on the house.

A damage estimate was not available at the time of the fire.

Agencies assisting District 3 were Sequim Police, the City of Sequim, Olympic Ambulance and the American Red Cross.


Email This Story

LATEST NEWS ITEMS:

 






Affinity Web Solutions
 
KONP.com Home